Similar dog onesies here & here
Happy November Everyone!
A lot of you responded to my stories in regards to the goodies I was baking/cooking asking for some recipes. So I thought it would be cute to put all details together and give you some background on why we do it. This post will be a long one with all the recipes so please bare with me!
It has been a long lasting tradition for my mom, my aunt, my sister, and I to bake some goodies at my grandparents house and deliver them to family and friends on Mischief Night. When we were really young, my aunt would surprise us and bring us some candy and write “BOO” on our front steps. This was something we looked forward to each year and couldn’t wait for it. So when we got to be a little older, we asked her if we could join in and we started baking goodies to give out instead of some candy. We bake for 2-3 days and make our rounds to friends and family. Our list of stops grows each year and the items we bake get more and more complex, but we love it so much. It has been our tradition for over 7 years, and I can’t wait until I have kids that can do it with us. We then deliver the goodies on Mischief Night and write “BOO” on their front walkway. Everyone looks forward to it each year and we do too! My sister and I dress up in onesies and so the drop off, it’s so much fun!
This year we decided to be a little different, and each year we truly do get a little more complex and crazier. We usually bake a bunch of cookies or halloween goodies, but we switched it up a bit. We baked and cooked Butternut Squash Soup, Homemade Bread, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, Spiced Pumpkin Seed Brittle, Vanilla Scones, Christmas Jam, Caramel Apples with peanuts, and NY Style Crumb Cake. We also look forward to hearing everyones favorites and depending on their tastes, we hear all different ones. My personal favorites was the jam and the soup. I ate a half a jar of jam all by myself on Monday because it was THAT good.
I will share all of the original recipes, and changes that we made below:
- Butternut Squash & Apple Soup – My mom & aunt are huge Ina Garten fans, so we always make some of her recipes. We made some change to her recipe so I will list ours here as well.
- Honey White Bread – this is another Ina Garten recipe & it’s delicious! We have made homemade plain bread before but wanted to try something a little different so decided to give this a try. I had some with my soup for lunch yesterday and it was out of this world! We followed the recipe exactly except for the fact that we used LIVE yeast and we were making 12 small loaves, so we doubled the recipe. When using live yeast, make sure the water and milk are hot and at the temperature stated in the recipe. We used a candy thermometer and took the temperature of both the water and the milk.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies– We didn’t change a thing with these. There was a lot of the cream left over and we saved it for a sweet treat on bread.. delicious!
- Spiced Pumpkin Seed Brittle– We added in sunflower seeds. It was soooo good!
- Vanilla Scones – We didn’t change anything but let me just tell you, these were a huge hit! They taste similar to the Starbucks scones. They taste even better with some jam!
- Christmas Jam – When I tell you this is the best Jam I have ever had… I kid you not. I ate half a jar the alone the day we made it. It tastes good on bread, on crackers, on everything. It is to die for!! We ended up adding a bunch of strawberries to this recipe because we wanted more strawberry. I would suggest grinding the cranberry and strawberry and seeing what you need more of.
- Caramel Apple – So we changed this up a bit, we had 12 mini granny smith apples so we used about 28oz of caramel (2.5 -11 oz bags), 3 cup of peanuts that we ground up, and instead of lollipop sticks we used witches brooms from walmart. They came out so delicious and good!
- 8. NY Style Crumb Cake –
- Let me know if you make any and how it comes out !
Similar Shirt here, here, & here // Skirt // Booties – similar and cheaper here & here
Friday is finally here! I am so excited because we are celebrating my great aunt’s 90th birthday tonight and I can’t wait to be all together with my family. My parents are away and won’t be there so we will miss them but I can’t wait to see everyone! We are also celebrating my friends birthday on Saturday, so we have a full weekend of plans ahead of us.
Since Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks away, I have started thinking about outfits to wear. My parents host Thanksgiving and we wake up at like 7am to start cooking and preparing. It is something I look forward to each year, and can’t wait for this year. I found this gorgeous embroidered skirt at Francesca’s and knew I had to have it. It works perfect for the fall but I also feel like it works perfect for Thanksgiving with a nice top, pair of boots or booties, and a cute Pea Coat. In the next few weeks I will be sharing some Thanksgiving Outfit inspiration for anyone looking for something to wear, so be on the look out 🙂 I saw while linking the skirt there was only a few left so if it is sold out, here are a few almost identical ones that Francescas has – here, here, & here.
I am wearing a medium in the skirt, which I think is pretty true to size for their clothing. I tend to get mediums in pants and bottoms here because I have wide hips and the small doesn’t look right. The top is from TJ Maxx and I cannot find it online, but I linked some similar ones. Lastly, I am wearing a 9.5 in my Stuart’s (I always size up by 1/2 a size). I linked similar booties for you guys as well. I know I link a lot of Stuart Weitzman shoes. I believe in investing in shoes and items that will last long and are more bang for my buck. They were expensive, but they definitely last longer than most shoes I have. But I will always link similar cheaper versions as well!
What are your weekend plans?
Vest 1 // Vest 2 // Vest 3 // Off the shoulder Bodysuit // Loafers // Jeans
Happy Tuesday everyone!
The weekend is almost over for me because I had a long weekend but go back to work tomorrow. I love long weekends because Monday is always the hardest for me, so knowing the week will be half way over when I go into work will make the week go that much faster.
I love that fall allows you to try different things with your wardrobe like layering vests over outfits, and wearing loafers with ankle jeans. These loafers have become a staple in my closet. I wear them to work often and in my everyday life as well. They are extremely comfortable and go with so much!
These J Crew Loafers have quickly become my favorites and are TTS. This vest is from the Calvin Klein Jean Collections from a few seasons ago, but any vest can work good with this kind of outfit. I love layering it on top of my look for a slightly dressier look, and it keeps me pretty warm. I have linked similar ones above since mine is no longer sold. I am wearing a small in the vest and it is still a bit big so size down. The jeans are TTS and I am wearing a size 27 (4).
What shoes are a must have for you?
Similar sweater 1 // Similar Sweater 2 // Similar Sweater 3 // Leggings // Shoes
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend so far. Yesterday we celebrated Halloween a bit early and did a tornado escape room. It was so much fun and we beat it with 8 minutes left! My group of friends and I are now 3 for 3 and have beat every escape room we have tried. We love them and can’t wait to try some new ones.
I love staying cozy on Sundays, even if I am out and about or with friends & family and love to dress that cozy outfit up a bit. Off-the-shoulder tops are seriously my favorite and mixing in a sweater is even better. I love the way they look with the exposed shoulder. I am also crushing on these leggings that I got from Macys that are BCBGeneration. The faux leather line on them dresses them up a bit to look like more than just a pair of leggings. I easily dress these up or down.
I am wearing a medium in the sweater which is a little big. I got this sweater as a gift and it’s from Francesca’s fall line from 2017. I linked similar ones since they no longer have this one on their site. I am wearing a medium in the leggings, which fit perfectly. The shoes I am wearing a size 9.5 so that I can also wear socks with them.
What are your Sunday plans? Do you usually spend Sunday’s with family or just hanging around?