Dress:(VENUS last year) Similar – ASOS Cut Out Bodycon Dress // VENUS Ruffle Bodycon Dress // Pretty Little Thing – Nori Dusty // Pretty Little Thing – Blue Stretch Crepe Bodycon
Blazer: (Tahari last year) Similar – ASOS Longline Blazer //Tahari Long Lace Blazer // Nina West Kiss Front Blazer
Shoes: Jessica Simpson – Claudette Heels Similar – Vince Camuto Airmosah Pump // Steve Madden Okrid Pump
This is one of my all time favorite outfits. I got the dress from Venus last year, the blazer from Tahari last year, and the shoes from Jessica Simpson (DSW), but attached some similar options for all that I am wearing. I absolutely love the look of a blazer and body con dress together and think that is looks so classy!
With the upcoming warmer weather, there are a lot of outdoor events and parties that you will be attending, and this is the perfect option for any event.
Jumpsuit // Similar Shoes : ASOS Boohoo Three Strap Sandals // 6pm Charles Three Strap Heels //
Spring has finally sprung and I am so excited!! Sorry I have been a little MIA the past few days, things have been so hectic with our home and work. My closet design will be coming this week. I changed it up and actually met with someone from the company to make sure I was getting the most for my money. Can’t wait to show you!
Anyway, jumpers have become my new thing! I absolutely love this jumper because it doesn’t go to my ankles like most and has a flare to it. I also LOVE the off the shoulder aspect to it. The material is stretchy and pretty and it was so comfortable to wear!
Believe it or not, this cute little number is from Amazon. I’ve been shopping a lot on amazon lately because I have found the prices to be better and with prime you get it in two days! How can you beat two day shipping?!
Do you like jumpsuits? What color jumpsuits do you like to wear?
This post will be a little fitness update as well as one of my go-to breakfast meals, Overnight Oats. I am currently doing 80 Day Obsession (beachbody program) and it is all about timed nutrition and fueling your body at the right times. As a part of the program they say you should be eating a hearty meal 1 hour prior to working out. I workout everyday at 6am due to my work schedule which means I have to eat at 5am. I obviously do not want to get up and cook something so I have been doing overnight oats and loving it.
4 oz Almond Milk
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop Protein Powder
I make a smaller portion for myself since I am eating so early so you can obviously increase the ingredients based on how you want it. I usually also put almond butter in there but didn’t want to today. I put all the ingredients in and mix them together. I use a frozen banana because I found that when it thaws out overnight, it gives the oats a really good taste. The banana will obviously turn brown by the morning time, but it gives it a really sweet flavor. I sometimes do blueberries and strawberries or other fruit, it just depends what kind of mood I am in. If I am not using any fruit I usually put about a tsp of honey to make it a little sweeter.
I then mix everything together and just put it in the fridge until the next morning. I mix it all together again before I eat it, and it tastes amazing. I use the cinnamon in the morning to top it off. See below for the next day:
So, as I mentioned above, I am doing the 80 Day Obsession by Beach Body. I am on day 11 and loving it! I started doing BBG for the 3 weeks between The Max Challenge and 80 Day Obsession and I didn’t feel challenged enough, and I also wanted something with a set meal plan to follow. There were food ideas but no meal plan and I found myself starting to stray, eat unhealthy, and start to gain a little weight back. I am the type of person who needs consistency and a good plan to follow. Nothing against BBG at all. Once I get to the weight I want to be I will do BBG for maintenance and to maybe gain more muscle.
80 Day Obsession is similar to 21 Day Fix with measuring your food in the given containers and following a set meal plan, except it is much longer. I contemplated doing the 21 Day Fix since I only have about a month until Miami and I want to get more toned, but decided to do a longer program to keep myself accountable.
I am absolutely loving it so far. I find the workouts extremely challenging but in a good way. I look forward to that 6am workout and truly give it my all. I can’t wait to see what the remaining 69 days are like. For me even though I will be going away for a Bachelorette Party, to Miami, and will be in a wedding during the 80 days, I was excited to know that this would end right around the time I go to Aruba and gave me a reason to keep pushing play! I will keep you all updated as it progresses and give updates through the multiple phases of the program. I have not stayed 100% strict. I would say about 95%, but that is what I need in order to stay on a program and be happy!
What keeps you motivated? What workout program are you currently doing? Let me know in the comments below.
I can honestly say, our wedding day was the BEST day of my life. I did not have any cold feet or anxiety, I was just purely happy and excited to marry the love of my life and to finally be his wife! But, I wish I had done a few things differently to help the day go smoother and to have less stress fall on me and my loved ones:
- I would hire a day of wedding planner – Some friends kept telling me that I should at least hire a day of wedding planner, but by the time I decided I wanted one, everyone was booked. Nothing major happened the day of, but it would have been great to have someone. They could have scheduled my bridesmaids better than I did with hair and makeup, which probably would have pushed us to be done with that stuff earlier than we were so we could take more pictures at my house. After my hair and makeup was done, such beautiful moments like my dad seeing me in my dress for the first time was rushed instead of the way I wanted it. It was still beautiful and there were plenty of tears, but I wanted it to be different. Also, a planner could have helped with the ceremony and details like that. Our ring bearer did not walk down the aisle with the pillow no one was there to hand it to him and our flower girls almost walked down without their beautiful baskets. Another time I could have used someone was when we were at the venue and the decor was not set up like it was supposed to be. It is hard to tell a staff that does 10+ weddings a week EXACTLY how you want things. So before our cocktail hour, we were running around switching things up a bit to the way we wanted/envisioned it.
- I would take more time alone with my new husband – We got plenty of time alone, but we were still in wedding mode when we were. We purposely booked our ceremony early and our reception later to have enough time in between to go somewhere and take nice pictures. We went to a nearby park and took a ton of pictures but I would have loved to just take a walk alone with my husband and enjoy the one on one time alone outside. It was truly a beautiful day with birds chirping and the park was so peaceful and beautiful. Throughout the rest of the night we didn’t get much alone time unless we were in the bridal suite, so it would have been nice!
- I would have given a list of pictures I wanted to someone that was not in the Bridal Party – Both of my parents have a pretty big family, and growing up I thought it was so cute that at all weddings, each side took a huge pictures all together with the bride and groom as something to commemorate over the years. I had told my photographer (who was absolutely amazing) that I wanted certain pictures to be taken, and he told me to give the list to my maid of honor. But, what photographers and a lot of brides do not realize is that, the MOH has just as much going on as the Bride and Groom. My sister was by my side for everything and making sure everything went smoothly and my brother who was a groomsmen was also attached to my hip making sure I was always good and looked perfect. Needless to say, I never got the pictures that I made a list of and the group shot that I always wanted never happened. So, if you are the same as me and have must-have pictures that you want on your wedding day, give the list to someone not in your wedding party but another guest you know will get the job done! Here were some on my list that I did get:
- I would make sure to smile more during the ceremony or slower periods where pictures were being taken of us – Both my husband and I were so focused and in awe about our ceremony that we realized we were not smiling in any pictures or anything! We both literally looked stunned in all of our pictures during our ceremony. We got married in my Greek Orthodox Church, and I had dreamed about this day since I was a little girl. I was so focused on listening to the priest and the beautiful words he said and just truly enjoying and taking in all he said and all of the happiness I was feeling, that we both barely smiled! So ladies and gentleman, make sure you SMILE! And it is funny because all of my bridesmaids said how happy and excited we both looked during the ceremony, but the pictures do not show that! The below are all we had of me sort of smiling:
- I would not have taken dance lessons – My husband and I took dance lessons because we thought our first dance would look better if we learned a dance. Honestly I focused so much on trying to do the dance moves, and then only doing them have the time that I did not get to enjoy the dance as much as I wanted to. I was too stressed I would mess a step up and trip us both. I would have rather enjoyed the dance carefree not caring if we looks like idiots out there than worry about remembering the dance moves and doing things right.
- I would have done my hair differently but the same hair style – I loved my hair, but it kept falling out. I think a huge part of that was my extensions. They were newer and I had not wore them much before the big day. I would have done either beaded or a beaded sew in instead of the clip ins if I could do it all again. I would have gotten them two weeks before the wedding so that they had wear to them and would curl nicely. That way I could have done bigger curls that stayed in nicer. My hair dresser was AMAZING though and brought to life my big hair that I wanted. I also would have done some sort of hair piece for a little more classy look. My brother hated the idea of a hair piece and convinced me not to get one, but I wish I did.
In the end, our wedding was by far the most beautiful and perfect day in my life. Thinking back, I really do not care about all that I mentioned above, and still do not. It is just a few things I would do differently if I could. Our day was so special and beautiful and just thinking about it gives me the chills. I got to marry my best friend and love of my life, and in the end, that is all that matters to me.
What would you do differently if you could do your big day all over again? Or, have you thought of any of these things for your upcoming day?