I can honestly say, our wedding day was the BEST day of my life. I did not have any cold feet or anxiety, I was just purely happy and excited to marry the love of my life and to finally be his wife! But, I wish I had done a few things differently to help the day go smoother and to have less stress fall on me and my loved ones:
- I would hire a day of wedding planner – Some friends kept telling me that I should at least hire a day of wedding planner, but by the time I decided I wanted one, everyone was booked. Nothing major happened the day of, but it would have been great to have someone. They could have scheduled my bridesmaids better than I did with hair and makeup, which probably would have pushed us to be done with that stuff earlier than we were so we could take more pictures at my house. After my hair and makeup was done, such beautiful moments like my dad seeing me in my dress for the first time was rushed instead of the way I wanted it. It was still beautiful and there were plenty of tears, but I wanted it to be different. Also, a planner could have helped with the ceremony and details like that. Our ring bearer did not walk down the aisle with the pillow no one was there to hand it to him and our flower girls almost walked down without their beautiful baskets. Another time I could have used someone was when we were at the venue and the decor was not set up like it was supposed to be. It is hard to tell a staff that does 10+ weddings a week EXACTLY how you want things. So before our cocktail hour, we were running around switching things up a bit to the way we wanted/envisioned it.
- I would take more time alone with my new husband – We got plenty of time alone, but we were still in wedding mode when we were. We purposely booked our ceremony early and our reception later to have enough time in between to go somewhere and take nice pictures. We went to a nearby park and took a ton of pictures but I would have loved to just take a walk alone with my husband and enjoy the one on one time alone outside. It was truly a beautiful day with birds chirping and the park was so peaceful and beautiful. Throughout the rest of the night we didn’t get much alone time unless we were in the bridal suite, so it would have been nice!
- I would have given a list of pictures I wanted to someone that was not in the Bridal Party – Both of my parents have a pretty big family, and growing up I thought it was so cute that at all weddings, each side took a huge pictures all together with the bride and groom as something to commemorate over the years. I had told my photographer (who was absolutely amazing) that I wanted certain pictures to be taken, and he told me to give the list to my maid of honor. But, what photographers and a lot of brides do not realize is that, the MOH has just as much going on as the Bride and Groom. My sister was by my side for everything and making sure everything went smoothly and my brother who was a groomsmen was also attached to my hip making sure I was always good and looked perfect. Needless to say, I never got the pictures that I made a list of and the group shot that I always wanted never happened. So, if you are the same as me and have must-have pictures that you want on your wedding day, give the list to someone not in your wedding party but another guest you know will get the job done! Here were some on my list that I did get:
- I would make sure to smile more during the ceremony or slower periods where pictures were being taken of us – Both my husband and I were so focused and in awe about our ceremony that we realized we were not smiling in any pictures or anything! We both literally looked stunned in all of our pictures during our ceremony. We got married in my Greek Orthodox Church, and I had dreamed about this day since I was a little girl. I was so focused on listening to the priest and the beautiful words he said and just truly enjoying and taking in all he said and all of the happiness I was feeling, that we both barely smiled! So ladies and gentleman, make sure you SMILE! And it is funny because all of my bridesmaids said how happy and excited we both looked during the ceremony, but the pictures do not show that! The below are all we had of me sort of smiling:
- I would not have taken dance lessons – My husband and I took dance lessons because we thought our first dance would look better if we learned a dance. Honestly I focused so much on trying to do the dance moves, and then only doing them have the time that I did not get to enjoy the dance as much as I wanted to. I was too stressed I would mess a step up and trip us both. I would have rather enjoyed the dance carefree not caring if we looks like idiots out there than worry about remembering the dance moves and doing things right.
- I would have done my hair differently but the same hair style – I loved my hair, but it kept falling out. I think a huge part of that was my extensions. They were newer and I had not wore them much before the big day. I would have done either beaded or a beaded sew in instead of the clip ins if I could do it all again. I would have gotten them two weeks before the wedding so that they had wear to them and would curl nicely. That way I could have done bigger curls that stayed in nicer. My hair dresser was AMAZING though and brought to life my big hair that I wanted. I also would have done some sort of hair piece for a little more classy look. My brother hated the idea of a hair piece and convinced me not to get one, but I wish I did.
In the end, our wedding was by far the most beautiful and perfect day in my life. Thinking back, I really do not care about all that I mentioned above, and still do not. It is just a few things I would do differently if I could. Our day was so special and beautiful and just thinking about it gives me the chills. I got to marry my best friend and love of my life, and in the end, that is all that matters to me.
What would you do differently if you could do your big day all over again? Or, have you thought of any of these things for your upcoming day?
Item Details (Click the images for direct links):
Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a wonderful week. It has been quite a busy one for me. As I have mentioned before I am an auditor that works for a public accounting firm and our crunch time is currently happening. I promise I will be even more active on here as well as my instagram once this craziness is done!
I have posted a few items from SheIn a bunch of times and have received a lot of questions about their website, the clothing quality, and sizing. So, I figured I would do my top 20 favorite SheIn items that I am currently crushing on or have to help you guys out.
I have been shopping here for over two years. I absolutely love their clothing and can find a lot of things a bit cheaper on here than on any other site or store. Let me give you the run down on sizing and details of orders:
- Sizing – I never order my usual size in the US unless the measurements line up. Depending on the clothing in the US I could be a size Small or Medium. On SheIn, sometimes I am ordering a size L. I suggest looking at the measurements below every size and seeing what size is your actual measurements before buying anything. I always look at my measurements compared to their sizing and buy based off that. Sometimes the sizing matches up perfectly, but other times it does not.
- Material – I usually never purchase items unless it has at least 5 reviews. That way I know the material is worth the purchase. I have never purchased anything that I did not like material wise! I would suggest buying things that have reviews so that you know it is good. See below for the return policy.
- Return – Even if you do not like something, you can return all items other than lingerie, swimwear, and items like that. I have actually purchased a few things with no reviews because they are new on the site and loved them! You do have to pay for the return shipping but it is worth it.
I have the white/black scalloped bathing suit in a medium and it fits perfectly and it is super cute! I also have a similar hat to the one pictures that I bought from here that is no longer available but the sequins do not fall off and it is made very well. Lastly out of this list, I just perfect that cute little bag, and cannot wait to get it!
I hope this post helps! If you have any other questions about the site, please let me know. I would not post anything I did not truly believe in or was not 100% honest about. I absolutely love this site and their items! Happy Shopping!
Shop the look (click images for direct links):
I have posted about this gorgeous sweater before, see post here, but I love it. It is lightweight and part of the reason I ordered it was because I knew that it would be perfect to wear on a chilly night in the Spring/Summer but I could also wear it in the Fall/Winter. It is truly perfect for any season. Also this skirt, AMAZING. I got it from Banana Republic Factory Outlet last year and unfortunately it is no longer available. But I have linked similar items in. Any slit skirt would look so cute with a sweater like this!
I love strappy sandals, I think they make your feet look so nice! I tend to wear nude/pink heels a lot so these happen to be one of my favorite pairs. I got them from Calvin Klein last season and they are no longer available but I have linked similar ones!
I hate when items that you love and are a must in your closet are no longer being sold. If the store is out of stock or longer sells the item, I will ALWAYS link similar items so that you can shop the look 🙂
I purposely took photos with and without flash so that you can see the true colors of all of the pieces in and out of a filtered flash!
Do you prefer strappy heels or pumps? What are your thought on this outfit?